After i saw Angelin sharing her Earl Grey cookies,i got inspired to bake something similar. So ya,i’ll be sharing a traditional shortbread recipe today. Modified from my old school notes.Yes,my 武林秘籍 of 20 years.Haha! I am glad that i am so sentimental towards old things. Old recipes are simple and yields good results!
- 20 pieces
You will need:
- 150g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 50g powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt(omit if using salted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla paste(optional)
- A handful of finely chopped dried cranberries
- Cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add vanilla paste and mix well.
- Add sifted flour and salt till no traces of flour/dough is formed.(do not overmix)
- Add cranberries.
- Shape into block.
- Clingwrap and freeze for 1hr.
- Cut with a sharp knife.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 18-20 minutes.(or till edges start to brown a little)
- Cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container.
Original Recipe from:Adapted from old school notes
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~