Mini dorayakis again! I wasn't really satisfied with my dorayakis previously as i find them a tad dry.Not sure if i did anything wrong.Anyway,when i was looking at videos of dorayaki making on Youtube,i found this!
Ochikeron is a japanese food blogger who does really nice videos and her recipes are simple and nice.(have i mentioned this before?-->3 ingredients cheescake!)
I tried her recipe and i loved it! The taste of honey is stronger and the pancakes remain soft and moist even till the next day.I have made a few batches since.A keeper! =)
- about 8 mini dorayakis
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 25g sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 50g cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon water
- Oil for greasing pan
- Red bean paste ( i am using tsubuan from Daiso)
The Preparation & Cooking
- In a mixing bowl,beat egg and add in sugar and honey,mix well.
- Sift flour and baking soda into (1.) and mix till smooth.(do not overmix)
- Add water and mix well.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick flat pan and grease with oil.(wipe off excess with kitchen paper.)
- Drop spoonful of batter into the pan,leaving gaps between them.
- Flip the pancakes once bubbles formed on surface.
- Remove the pancakes when they no longer sticks on the pan.
- Repeat till all the batter is used up.
- Cover the pancakes with clingwrap to keep them moist.
- Sandwich red bean paste with 2 pancakes and press the sides to seal.
- Repeat till all the pancakes are used up.
- Serve with your favourite tea.
Original recipe from:Dorayaki by Ochikeron.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~