Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chocolate Cream Pound Cake








































Was blog-hopping when I came across "Bake Along".This week theme is Chocolate Cream Pound Cake. My hubby is a choco lover so there's no way I am going to miss this.
 
As usual I love to search for images or reviews of recipes.I hesitated for awhile as a few pictures of the end product did not look good.Either they sunk or were dense. Then I came across another blogger entry (with her kids licking the batter, how cute!) The cake she did was lovely so I decided to give it a go.
 
Comparing the ingredients, it is actually rather similiar to butter cake but it has much more sugar and uses heavy cream. As I do not have a sweet tooth, I decrease the amount of sugar. (A whooping 100g for 3 eggs recipe!)
 
Anyway I am really pleased with the cake.It is soft moist and very chocolatey and not too crumbly.And I am glad I made the right choice to reduce the sugar, the sweeteness is just right. 1/3 of it went to my hubby and little gal tum tum as soon as it cooled. Its definitely a keeper and I am sure I will make it again very soon.
 
Oh pardon me for so many pics.Was in a photographer's good mood.Ha!
 
P/S:
I reduced the 3 eggs recipe to 2 eggs.
I reduced a huge of amount of sugar.
I added eggs first before I add the chocolate paste.
My cake was ready in a much shorter time, perhaps its a smaller cake.
 
*I am submitting this to Bake Along(Sept 12) Aw..nevermind..i missed the deadline.. :(
 
Makes:

  • 6" cake tin
 
You will need:
  • 39g heavy cream (not too sure if you can use milk?)
  • 4 tablespoons of good cocoa powder(I used Valhorna.)
  • 93g plain flour
  • 133 sugar
  • 75g butter
  • 2/3 of 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 of 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2/3 of 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 2 eggs
 
The Preparation:

  1. Heat cream using microwave/stove.
  2. Add cocoa powder to heated cream and mix to paste form, set aside to cool.
  3. Sift flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
  4. Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
  5. Add eggs, one at a time, mix well.
  6. Add vanilla essence, mix well.
  7. Add cocoa paste, mix well.
  8. Add (3.), mix well.
  9. Pour into a greased and lined tin.
 
The Baking:
  1. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 for 40 minutes or till cooked.
  2. Leave in tin for 5 minutes.
  3. Remove from tin and cool on rack.
  4. Dust with snow powder. (Optional)
  5. Serve with your favourite cup of tea. (My hubby says with a scoop of vanilla icecream will be excelente~~Hee~)
Original recipe from:Chocolate Cream Pound Cake by Lauren Chattman .

~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~


3 comments:

  1. hi keiko, thx for dropping by a comment to let me know that you hv tried this pound cake. you hv done it well, it looks so pretty and nice texture too. So glad to know that the cake turned out well for you. It is okay now that you hv missed the dateline, hopefully you can join our bake along in future. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I love your cake and would like to try out. May I know what heavy cream are you using? I'm quite confused with all the creams out there in the supermart.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am using Bulla's thickened cream.(aka heavy cream)

      Delete