Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookies w/ Macadamia Nuts

 
Okay..I was supposed to "close" my kitchen until further notice due to a strain on my wrist.I won't go into details about it here. The reason I "reopened" was for my dear friend aka baking lover.She is hosting this month (OCT) Aspiring Bakers.So tell me, how can I not show my support. ;)

I have been using this recipe for quite awhile. After trying a few recipes, this is still my favourite. If you have not try it, go gather the ingredients and make the cookies now. ;)
 
I enjoy sharing good and successful recipes so that my readers do not waste ingredients and time. Many recipes I shared are very versatile and I do "play" around with them; colours/shapes/flavours, etc.Many asked me if I have blog entries for them and I will refer them to the original recipe. Sorry ladies and gentlemen, most of the time I do not blog about the same recipe.1stly I dont have the time, 2ndly, I find it redundant sometimes to keep repeating with little changes. So do be creative or feel free to ask me how I do it or what can be done. :)
 
This entry is one of the rare exceptions that I am repeating a recipe, as mentioned earlier this is created to mainly show my support to my dear. ;)
 
Anyway, for this batch of cookies I added macadamia nuts.I did some research on it and found out that its also called Queen of Nuts,now I know why it has a higher price tag. It has this buttery taste and it adds extra crunch to the cookie. Though I am not a nut person(obviously  >○<) I quite like it!
Now for the recipe. :)
 
Makes:

  • about 30 pieces (coaster size)
 
You will need:
  • 192g plain flour
  • 113g butter,softened
  • 100 brown sugar
  • 90 castor sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • Chocolate chips
  • Macadamia nuts

The Preparation and Baking:
  1. Sift flour and baking soda.
  2. Cream butter and sugar till smooth.
  3. Add egg and vanilla extract.
  4. Add (1) till well combined using spatula.
  5. Add chocolate chips and nuts.
  6. Scoop dessertspoonfuls of dough onto lined baking tray.
  7. Freeze together with tray for 5 minutes.(to reduce spreading.)
  8. Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 10-15 mins.(surface slightly brown)
  9. Rest on tray for a minute before removing to cool on rack.
  10. Chomp them!
*I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #36: Choc-a-Cookie (October 2013) hosted by Genie.

Original recipe from:White chocolate and cranberry cookies by All Recipes
 
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~

No comments:

Post a Comment