I have been using this recipe for quite awhile. After trying a few recipes, this is still my favourite. If you have not try it, go gather the ingredients and make the cookies now. ;)
I enjoy sharing good and successful recipes so that my readers do not waste ingredients and time. Many recipes I shared are very versatile and I do "play" around with them; colours/shapes/flavours, etc.Many asked me if I have blog entries for them and I will refer them to the original recipe. Sorry ladies and gentlemen, most of the time I do not blog about the same recipe.1stly I dont have the time, 2ndly, I find it redundant sometimes to keep repeating with little changes. So do be creative or feel free to ask me how I do it or what can be done. :)
This entry is one of the rare exceptions that I am repeating a recipe, as mentioned earlier this is created to mainly show my support to my dear. ;)
Anyway, for this batch of cookies I added macadamia nuts.I did some research on it and found out that its also called Queen of Nuts,now I know why it has a higher price tag. It has this buttery taste and it adds extra crunch to the cookie. Though I am not a nut person(obviously >○<) I quite like it!
Now for the recipe. :)
- about 30 pieces (coaster size)
You will need:
- 192g plain flour
- 113g butter,softened
- 100 brown sugar
- 90 castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Macadamia nuts
The Preparation and Baking:
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add (1) till well combined using spatula.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop dessertspoonfuls of dough onto lined baking tray.
- Freeze together with tray for 5 minutes.(to reduce spreading.)
- Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 10-15 mins.(surface slightly brown)
- Rest on tray for a minute before removing to cool on rack.
- Chomp them!
Original recipe from:White chocolate and cranberry cookies by All Recipes
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~