The best ever butter cake.Ha~ Buttery yet fluffy and soft. But i am warning you,its very addictive thus not suitable for weight watchers. ;)
This recipe is from Serene(Sim) and quite a handful of members had tried it and gave it thumbs up. Well,2 more from me! =) The original recipe had liquor and lemon juice in it.For my first attempt i omitted the liquor as i will be serving my kid.(i heard about all that stuff-alcohol will evaporate during baking blah blah blah but i just want to play safe.) The second attempt i omitted both liquor and lemon juice.It turns out just as nice.
Definitely a keeper.Try and let me know what you think.
Edited:If you are looking for a soft and fluffy butter cake like this yet not too buttery,try this!
- 6" square tin
You will need:
*original recipe (Kindly do proper crediting as i understand from her that she had trial and error many times to come out with this and yet so kind and generous to share with us.)
- 167g plain flour/self raising flour*
- 2 teaspoon baking powder(omit if using self raising flour)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 167g butter
- 93g sugar
- 20g icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 72g milk (*or 60g milk,7g lemon juice,5g grand marnier)
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add eggs,one at a time.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add dry ingredients and milk in alternate batches.
- Pour into greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 40-45 minutes or till cooked.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
- Serve when cooled.
Original recipe from:Serene Sim
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~