How pretty and cute are these? I was craving for some strawberry cake and decided to make one but on the other hand,i am on diet so i did not want to make a big one.Recalling that i saw the mini versions in a book before,i decided to follow suit. I am using my favourite swiss roll recipe.These are really yummy and i will definitely make them more often!
- 10" by 8 " swiss roll tin (3 mini strawberry cake-3 layers)
You will need:
2 egg yolks
15ml oil(i used canola)
1.5 tablespoon cold water
33g cake flour
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 egg whites
I am using frosty whip.You can use the following if you don't have it.
A dash of lychee essence/juice
- Sift flour.
- Whisk the yolks lightly and add in the wet ingredients in (A) followed by sugar till well mixed.
- Add flour till well mixed.
- Beat egg whites till foamy with electric whisk and add in sugar gradually,beat till stiff peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Pour into lined tin.
- Smoothen the surface and tap the tin lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mould
- Leave on rack for 10 minutes and tear off the baking paper.
- When cake is completely cooled,use a cutter to cut them.
- Pipe some whipped cream on one layer,add strawberries and add another layer.
- Repeat till all layers are done.(3 layers per mini cake)
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.
Original recipe from:柠檬奶油蛋糕卷- 美味蛋糕卷by孟老师。
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~