Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Macarons with Strawberry Cream


I am not a macaron lover as i don't really have a sweet tooth(i used to have,haha!) and not overly sweet macarons are not easy to find. I have read that they are difficult to make so i just brushed off the idea of making them. But today,i mustered the courage!
 
Who says macarons are difficult to make? hur hur hur? They required only simple ingredients and the steps are short. I guess the difficult steps to most are whisking the egg whites to peak.(no under/over beat) and folding in of the dry ingredients. I guess because i made a lot of chiffons,these steps to me are considered easy. *do i sound cocky?ha!
 
I guess a good recipe is important too,the ratio of wet and dry ingredients. Although i managed everything well,i was still a little worried when i send them to the oven.Wondering if they will have "feet" as i stand infront of the oven. And yes!! they have!! I was on cloud nine at that moment!!
 
I do not own a macaron sheet or whatever you call it nor a big round tip(i snip the end of the piping bag.) and i am glad that they turned out rather similar in shapes and sizes.Whew!
 
So this is my experience for making macarons for the first time.What about you? =)
 
Edited: I posted this picture in MFWL and BW groups and wow! i got quite a handful of requests for the recipe. I have not given anyone as yet as i have yet tasted.Just want to make sure its good before i share =)  Just took one to try! i must say its really nice! And the sweetness is just right for me! =) This recipe is a keeper!!
 
 
Makes:

  • 12 macarons (24 shells)

 
You will need:
  • 2 egg whites (50g)
  • 33g caster sugar
  • 1 drop of soft pink colouring
  • 90g powdered sugar
  • 60g ground almond
  • very small pinch of salt
  •  
 
The Preparation:
 
  1. Sift almond,powdered sugar and salt.
  2. Whisk egg whites and caster sugar to stiff peaks.
  3. Add colouring when reach soft peaks.
  4. Fold (1.) into (2.) *batter should be slightly thick,shiny and flowing yet not runny.
  5. Fill piping bag with batter.
  6. Pipe onto baking sheet on tray.
  7. Tap the tray lightly.
  8. Rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
 
The Baking:
  1. Bake in preheated oven at 150 for 12 minutes.(this is for my oven,do monitor for yours.)*
  2. Cool on rack and sandwich the filling*.
  3. Fridge for 24-72 hours before consumption.(for best results:crisp on out,tender on in!)


*They are ready when they look dry,matte and firm when you gently tap on them.
*For the filling,i used frosty whip and strawberry juice with bits of strawberries i bought from a korean supermarket.


Original recipe from:French Macarons by My Yumilicious

~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~

No comments:

Post a Comment