Looking for light,not overly sweet or sour lemon curd? Then you should try this. =)
I happened to chance upon this when i was searching for macarons videos at youtube.
- about 150ml
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 50g caster sugar
- a small pinch of salt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 20g butter,diced
- 1 clean,dry,sterilized jar.
The Preparation & Cooking
- Whisk egg and sugar till frothy using hand whisk.
- Add salt,zest and juice,mix well.
- Stir over simmering water till slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and mix till well combined.
- Mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Pour into jar.
- Store in fridge.
Original Recipe from:Lemon Curd by Eugenie Kitchen
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~