I remember when i was small,my mum used to make these for me and my sister.But she just added salt,if i remember correctly.I was passing by a rack full of these at Daiso.I didn't know why but i just grabbed a packet.Ha!
I googled for recipes on popcorn and most came as caramel popcorn.Hubby is a caramel lover,so i was thinking alright,caramel it shall be! We need not buy from Garrett in future. Ha!
- Fills 1 cinema popcorn box
You will need:
- Oil enough to coat pot
- 1/4 cup of corn kernels
- 75g sugar
- 15g butter
- A pinch of salt
The Preparation & Cooking:
- Coat pot* with oil.
- Pour in corn kernels and give it a quick stir.
- Cover pot and cook at medium heat,occasionally shake the pot.
- Turn off the heat once popping sound stops.
- Pour popcorn into mixing bowl.
- Remove any undone corn kernels.
- Mix in the caramel sauce.
* use a big and deep pot.
To make caramel sauce
- Melt sugar at medium heat.
- Add salt.
- Stir in butter.
Original recipe from:Homemade Caramel Popcorn by Kitchentigress.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~