Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Homemade Caramel Popcorn


I remember when i was small,my mum used to make these for me and my sister.But she just added salt,if i remember correctly.I was passing by a rack full of these at Daiso.I didn't know why but i just grabbed a packet.Ha!


I googled for recipes on popcorn and most came as caramel popcorn.Hubby is a caramel lover,so i was thinking alright,caramel it shall be! We need not buy from Garrett in future. Ha!

Makes:
  • Fills 1 cinema popcorn box
 
You will need:
  • Oil enough to coat pot
  • 1/4 cup of corn kernels
  • 75g sugar
  • 15g butter
  • A pinch of salt
The Preparation & Cooking:
 
  1. Coat pot* with oil.
  2. Pour in corn kernels and give it a quick stir.
  3. Cover pot and cook at medium heat,occasionally shake the pot.
  4. Turn off the heat once popping sound stops.
  5. Pour popcorn into mixing bowl.
  6. Remove any undone corn kernels.
  7. Mix in the caramel sauce.
  8. Serve.
* use a big and deep pot.
 
To make caramel sauce
  1. Melt sugar at medium heat.
  2. Add salt.
  3. Stir in butter.
 
 
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~

No comments:

Post a Comment