With coconut milk in my fridge,i thought of what to make.Pandan chiffon(again?!) or Pandan Butter Cake. Angela from my group made one recently and looks great.Since i have never tried before,i decided to bake that.
I used my regular butter cake recipe,replaced the essence and milk.Very interesting! I love the slight tinge of pandan and coconut milk in the butter cake. =)
- 8" by 8" square tin
You will need:
60ml coconut milk
200g self raising flour,sifted
1 teaspoon pandan paste
Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
Add eggs,one at a time,mix well.
- Add pandan paste,mix well.
Add coconut milk and flour,alternate,ending with flour,mix well.
- Pour into greased lined tin.
- Shake the tin a little to even out the batter.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 180°C then reduce to 160°C for 25 minutes or till cooked.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before overturning onto a cooling rack.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~