Recently there is a promotion for cream cheese.For some supermarkets,they are offering free gift for every 2 blocks,others are offering 2 at a discounted price.As a kiasu mummy,of course i did not miss this offer. Having them in my fridge,i thought of what i can bake with them.
I wanted to bake something new instead of the regular cream cheese butter cake and Japanese cotton cheesecake. Then i decided to bake this,thanks to the inspiration from my baking lover,Genie who baked a mandarin orange cheddar cheese chiffon earlier.
I am using a removable cake tin for this that Genie helped me to purchase and i am loving it.It works like a chiffon tin without the center tube.
- 15cm chiffon tin
You will need:
Egg yolk mixture:
- 35g plain flour
- 18g corn flour
- 38g oil
- 45g orange juice
- 23g cream cheese,softened
- 3 egg yolks
Egg white mixture:
- 3 egg whites
- 45g sugar
- Sift both flour.
- Hand whisk egg yolks,oil,juice and cream cheese till well combined.
- Add flour till well combined.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar to stiff peak.
- Fold in egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture batch by batch.
- Pour into a ungreased tin.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for about 40 minutes at 170°C.
- Cool on a rack with tin facing down.
- Remove from mould after cake has completely cool.
- Please refer to this.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~