Familiar? We used to receive slices of these cream cakes when our relatives and friends are getting married. These cakes are not as popular anymore,people prefer to give out vouchers or customised cupcakes.
I passed by a confectionary shop near my mum's place and saw these kind of old fashioned cream cakes,then suddenly i felt like trying to make them myself. I am no lack of chiffons and smbc recipes but i lacked piping gel recipe.I recalled seeing the recipe at Catherine's blog and i am lucky that my memory did not failed me. Ha!
I am focusing on the making of the piping gel in this entry.For chiffon recipes,you can browse for them in this humble blog of mine.For smbc,click here. =)
Pardon my ugly design,did it in the wee hours with half closed eyes. =p
- about 80g of piping gel
You will need:
- 77g castor sugar
- 60g water
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon/lime juice
- Mix corn flour and sugar.
- Put all ingredients into a small pot.
- Place pot over medium heat,stir constantly.(it will appear to be cloudy,don't worry.)
- When mixture starts to boil,lower the heat.
- Stir till mixture becomes thick.(it will be more translucent at this stage.)
- Leave aside to cool and its ready to use.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~