Apple pies,one of my favorite dessert/snack/whatever you call it. The filling is very important to me.It needs to be smooth,fragrant and sweet with a slight tinge of sourness. Choosing the correct apple is important too. Below is a picture i extracted from http://ohthethingswedo.com/tag/apple-types/.
I am using ready made shortcrust pastry by Borg's. There are a few other brands available in the supermarkets(Cold Storage have them.) but this is my personal favorite. As the filling i concocted it myself,add and taste as i cook the sauce. =) Try it and hope you like it!
- about 5 mini pies (i used my muffin tin to mould the pies.)
You will need:
- 1 apple,core removed and cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/2 packet of ready made shortcrust pastry
- For glaze:use a small portion of beaten egg
- Mix all ingredients(except apple and pastry) in a small pot.
- Bring to boil,lower the heat and cook till slightly thick.
- Remove from heat and add to apples,toss them lightly.
- Roll out the pastry and mould onto the tin.
- Add apples,and pour remaining sauce into each pie evenly.
- Seal the pie.(you can see that i did not do a good job in sealing,but come on its my first attempt.ha!)
- Glaze the pie.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 230°C for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.*bake at the temperature as advised by the pastry package.
- Serve warm.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~