Another soup my mum taught me how to cook.Lotus root soup is known to dispel heat and toxics,strengthen body and also increase appetite. There are many versions of this soup which includes different types of ingredients like peanuts,dried octopus,etc. For my version,it is very simple.I hope you all will enjoy as much as my family do.
- about 1L
You will need:
- 1 packet of pork bones,boil for 5 minutes seperately and rinsed
- 1 small lotus root,sliced into 1cm thick pieces.
- 1 dried scallop,shredded
- 1 honey date
- 5 red dates,seeds removed
- Light soya sauce to taste (i used about 1 dessertspoon.)
- 1250ml of water
The Preparation & Cooking:
- Rinse the honey date,red dates and dried scallop.
- Boil water in a deep pot.
- Add bones,lotus root and (1.)
- When it reboils,lower the heat and simmer for 1hr.(u can transfer to slow cooker if you wish to.)
- Add soya sauce to taste.
- Simmer for about 1hr more or till lotus root turns soft.(fork is able to pierce through.)
- Serve hot.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~