This is my favourite drink when i go to Lerk Thai to dine.I would always order a carafe yet had not enough.Angelin from my group posted this drink few days ago and selflessly shared with me how to make it.I amended the proportions a little and omitted pandan leaves as i could not get them at my neighbourhood supermarket. Luckily it didn't affect the overall taste.Love it so much!! A very refreshing drink for the hot weather!
- about 1L
You will need:
- 1 litre of water
- 4 lemongrass,rinsed
- 1 piece of honey rock sugar
- Few slices of lime
- Trim off both ends of the lemongrass.
- Cut into half.
- Set aside the greener(top) portion.*You can use it as a stirrer later.
- Pound the white(lower) portion.
- Add the lemongrass to water and put to boil.
- When water boils,lower the heat and add rock sugar.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve cold with a slice of lime.
Original Recipe from:Lemongrass Drink by Angelin Goh
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~