Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Homemade Lemongrass Drink





















This is my favourite drink when i go to Lerk Thai to dine.I would always order a carafe yet had not enough.Angelin from my group posted this drink few days ago and selflessly shared with me how to make it.I amended the proportions a little and omitted pandan leaves as i could not get them at my neighbourhood supermarket. Luckily it didn't affect the overall taste.Love it so much!! A very refreshing drink for the hot weather!

Makes:
  • about 1L
 
You will need:
  • 1 litre of water
  • 4 lemongrass,rinsed
  • 1 piece of honey rock sugar
  • Few slices of lime

The Preparation:
  1. Trim off both ends of the lemongrass.
  2. Cut into half.
  3. Set aside the greener(top) portion.*You can use it as a stirrer later.
  4. Pound the white(lower) portion.
  5. Add the lemongrass to water and put to boil.
  6. When water boils,lower the heat and add rock sugar.
  7. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
  8. Serve cold with a slice of lime.
Original Recipe from:Lemongrass Drink by Angelin Goh
 
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~

No comments:

Post a Comment