I am using a combination of this recipe and this recipe but used creaming method instead.I am a lazy baker!
This cake tastes just like the chocolate mint ice-cream i love but in cake form.One word,refreshing!Do try and let me know what you think! =)
- 7.5" by 3.5" loaf tin
You will need:
- 100g self raising flour,sifted
1/4 teaspoon mint essence
- some green coloring
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder,made into paste with 1.5 tablespoon of warm water
Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
Add eggs,one at a time,mix well.
Add milk and flour,alternate,ending with flour.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a mixing bowl and add the cocoa paste,mix well.
- Add mint essence and colouring to the other 2/3 of the batter.
- Scoop mint batter onto greased/lined cake tin,followed by cocoa batter and repeat till all batter are used.
- Lightly stir with chopstick to create swirls.
- Shake the tin a little to even out the batter.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 180°C then reduce to 160°C for 25 minutes or till cooked.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before overturning onto a cooling rack.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~