Another wonderful recipe shared by my group member.I did not add cinnamon powder to this and the raisins and oatmeal added are reduced.(Not enough supply at home!=/)
Anyway these cookies are really fragrant and they taste very healthy-Hubby said this.LOLx! Do try,its a keeper for me!
By the way,don't be alarmed by the amount of sugar used.Like what Cecilia told me when i mentioned my concern,the amount of oatmeal used will cover the sweetness.=)
- about 30 pieces (coaster size)
You will need:
- 95g plain flour
- 115g butter,softened
- 125 brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100g oatmeal
- 100g raisins
The Preparation and Baking:
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add (1) till well combined using spatula.
- Add oatmeal and raisins.
- Scoop dessertspoonfuls of dough onto lined baking tray.
- Freeze together with tray for 5 minutes.(to reduce spreading.)
- Bake in preheated oven at 175°C for 10-15 mins.(surface and sides slightly brown-the centre will seem soft and slightly uncooked-Dun worry!)
- Rest on tray for a minute before removing to cool on rack.
- Chomp them!
Original recipe from:Thick Chewy Oatmeal Raisins Cookies by Syebvonne.