My first attempt on zebra cake.Considered pass ya? Hee~ I am using this recipe but used creaming method instead and added cocoa paste to 1/2 of the batter.
I like this recipe as it is soft and moist and i am sticking to this recipe for my butter cakes. =)
- 5.5" round tin
You will need:
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g self raising flour,sifted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder,mix with warm water till paste like
Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
Add eggs,one at a time,mix well.
Add vanilla extract,mix well.
Add milk,mix well.
- Fold in flour till well combined.
- Divde the batter into two portions.
- Add cocoa paste to one portion,mix well.
- Scoop about two tablespoonful of plain batter into the lined/greased tin,followed by cocoa batter.
- Repeat till batter are used up(towards the end,u might need to decrease to 1 tablespoonful).
- Hit the tin slightly on the countertop before sending it to the oven.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 170°C then reduce to 150°C for 25 minutes or till cooked. (the reduction of temperature is to prevent the cake from cracking/cracking too much.)
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~