I had been trying a few flavours with this recipe.Recently i found out that adding corn flour makes the cake texture even better(from my pandan chiffon experience).Its soft,tender yet not too soft till u feel its mushy.As for the flavours,just replace the liquid with the flavour you want(eg mango yogurt/milk tea,etc.)
I am using 3 eggs for my chiffon as i love tall chiffon.If you just want a normal height chiffon,2 eggs would be good enough.Also i prefer chiffons with slight tinge of the flavour i am making,so if you wish to have a stronger taste,do add more for this case,yuzu paste/jam but do take note of the consistency of the egg yolk mixture as your chiffon might not rise properly if its too thick=too heavy.
- 15cm chiffon tin
You will need:
Egg yolk mixture:
- 35g plain flour
- 18g corn flour
- 38g oil
- 45g yuzu juice
- 23g yuzu paste/jam(omit if using other flavours)
- 3 egg yolks
Egg white mixture:
- 3 egg whites
- 45g sugar
- Sift flour.
- Hand whisk egg yolks,oil,yuzu juice and yuzu paste till well combined.
- Add flour till well combined.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar to stiff peak.
- Fold in egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture batch by batch.
- Pour into a ungreased tin.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for about 40 minutes at 170°C.
- Cool on a rack with tin facing down.
- Remove from mould after cake has completely cool.
- Please refer to this.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~