I remembered there was a time when i was so crazy about these chewy cookies that i went to Subway just to buy the cookies,not one but 12.(i think there was a promotion at that time also.)
Cecilia from my group was posting the cookies she baked these few days and they reminded me of the subway cookies! She even mentioned they taste like them as well. I wanted to try the oatmeal raisins recipe she shared but i ran out of raisins so i tried another recipe she shared-cranberry and white choco chips cookies. I replaced the cranberries and white choco with dark choco chips,reduced the sugar,replaced the brandy and freeze the dough before baking.
What i can say is this recipe is a keeper! And its great for kids because it does not leave much crumbs! *chomping away
- about 30 pieces (coaster size)
- 192g plain flour
- 113g butter,softened
- 100 brown sugar
- 90 castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add (1) till well combined using spatula.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop dessertspoonfuls of dough onto lined baking tray.
- Freeze together with tray for 5 minutes.(to reduce spreading.)
- Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 10-15 mins.(surface slightly brown)
- Rest on tray for a minute before removing to cool on rack.
- Chomp them!
Original recipe from:White chocolate and cranberry cookies by All Recipes