Kueh Bolu,my personal favourite and also my daughter's.The one i like is not those cripsy type as most of the time i find them very dry and i get choked eating them.LOLx! I prefer those that are soft and slightly moist.
Went to get the mould(mini size-12s) at Bake King yesterday and proceeded to bake them today.
For this recipe,the texture is just nice for me and its very fragrant! I am using the recipe shared by Soh Pin Tee from BW group,i added a bit of vanilla extract to make them more fragrant. The method i just used my own as i am too lazy to read all the chinese characters. ;p Another thing i like about this recipe is,it does not have any raising agent in it.(i noted a lot of recipes have them.)
24 mini pieces
30g plain flour,sifted
- 1/4 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- melted butter/oil for greasing mould
- Grease mould generously and place into the oven.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Whisk egg and sugar till ribbon stage
- Fold in flour.
- Fold in extract and oil.
- Remove mould from oven.
- Grease it again and fill the mould with the batter till almost full.
Bake for 10 minutes or till golden brown.
Remove using skewer.
Cool on a rack before storing.
- Repeat step 7 from The Preparation till all batter used up.
Original recipe from:Kueh Bolu by Soh Pin Tee
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~