One of the cny goodies that i will eat and of course would like to learn making them.My dear Angelyne shared with me this recipe which was shared generously by her friend.
Kueh Bangkit is very easy to make.But it can be such a missy.It needs attention.1)the flour used need to be fried and cooled in advance.2)when rolling them out,the dough can dry out.So you will need to add liquid to it once a while. It needs more time to make but the outcome is satisfying.This recipe yields smooth,melt in your mouth kueh bangkit.Aww~~in love~
about 1 tub depending on the size of each piece (those typical cny container with red cover...you know? hee~)
You will need:
250g fried tapioca flour
- 150g fried sago flour
- 150ml coconut cream
- 130g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 stalk of pandan leaves,washed and cut into small pieces.
- Fry the two types flour separately with pandan leaves till leaves turn crispy.
- Cool the flour,sift and store in airtight container. (i kept for a week.)
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar till you can hardly feel the sugar.
Add coconut cream and mix well.
- Add flour and combine till it forms into a dough.
Roll/cut them into desired shape.*Add coconut cream bit by bit should dough turns dry.
Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 170°C.
Leave on tray for 5 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack.
Cool before storing.
Original recipe from:Kueh Bangkit by Gina Choong(Kitchen Capers)
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~