Wanted to make a few cny goodies to giveaway to my mum and also for my guests.Members from my group are all baking enthusiasts,sharing lots of cny goodies recipes.After looking at a few,i shortlisted this recipe by Alan Ooi,shared by Sally.
It is very simple and easy to handle,most importantly the taste is good!
- 25 abacus size pieces
You will need:
- 30g almond powder
- 45g plain flour
- 30g caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 30ml oil (i use canola.Add more if your mixture is too dry and crumbly)
- 1 egg (well beaten for glazing)
- Combine the dry ingredients well using a mixer.
- Add oil and mix at low speed till all ingredients come together. *dough should not be too crumbly.
- Roll them into desired shape.
- Apply beaten egg onto every piece.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 180°C or till golden brown.
- Leave on tray for 5 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack.
- Cool before storing.
Original recipe from:Almond Cookies by Alan Ooi.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~