Getting ready for Chinese New Year! I like this recipe a lot as it is very fragrant and melts in the mouth.It does not need much adjustment and the dough is really easy to handle.However,the filling i bought(from some random supermarket) is not really nice,i guess i need to go to Ailin Bakery to get some as recommended by Angelyne. =)
- 50 tarts
You will need:
- 200g plain flour
- 25 g corn flour
- 1/8 (heaped) teaspoon salt
- 140g cold, unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1.5 egg yolks, beaten
- 1.5 tablespoon cold water
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pineapple filling
*For glaze, mix 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water
- Sift flour,icing sugar and salt.
- Rub butter into flour mixture until resemble breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg yolk,cold water and extract.
- Add 3 into 2 until combined.(Do not knead.)
- Chill for 10 minutes,covered.
- Roll out into desired shape/press into mould,add filling.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 20-25 minutes or till cooked.
- Cool on rack.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~