My 100th post!! In 9 months,i actually posted 100 entries! So is it a lot or very little?Ha!
Anyway,here i present a recipe of a lovely french cake-Madeleine.Also one of my mum's favourite cake.I tried making them some time ago after looking at the pics here.The taste is good with a slight tinge of lemon but its a little hard and crumbly.I am not sure if not leaving it to rest enough is the reason(from 12 hours to 2 hours,ok..i should not have done "shortcuts"~=p).Maybe i should try again soon.I did managed to get the signature hump though. =)
- about 8 pieces
You will need:
- 50g cake flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g melted butter
- 15g ground almond
- 1 egg
- 1/2 grated lemon zest (omit if you do not want lemon taste.)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Whisk egg and icing sugar.
- Add lemon zest and ground almond,whisk till soft peak.
- Fold in 1.
- Stir in melted butter,bit by bit.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate the batter for at least 12 hours.(important!)
- Brush melted butter onto madeleine mould and sprinkle some flour on it.
- Remove batter and pour into mould(1/2 filled).*Tip:use a piping bag
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 3 minutes.
- Reduce to 180°C for 10-15 minutes or till cooked.
- Unmould and cool on rack.
Original recipe from:Madeleines by Hearty Bakes
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~