- 6-8 muffins,depending on size.
You will need:
- 120g cake flour
- 90g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 130g canned lychees(tear into small pieces and pat dry)
- 80g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (i will add 1/2 teaspoon extract and add 1/2 lychee essence in future.)
- 4 tablespoon lychee juice (from the can of lychees)
- Sift flour,salt and baking powder.
- Toss 3/4 of the lychees to (1).Toss lightly to coat.
- Whisk egg and sugar till it triples it volume or till thick.
- Stir in vanilla extract,juice and butter.
- Fold in (2) into (4) gently.
- Set mixture aside for 30 minutes.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 full and sprinkle remaining lychees on top.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for about 25 minutes or till cooked at 170°C.
- Cool on a rack.
Original recipe from:Lychee Muffins by Jenny Tiong.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~