Butter cake using atas butter:Echire! Decided to get 2 small blocks to try after hearing my fellow members at MFWL raving about it. Thanks to Candy for helping me to purchase and delivering!
The taste of the butter cake made out of this atas butter is really nice.It has a tinge of sweetness in the butter itself that makes it very unique and most important it is not oily.You can't find this in other normal butter. I guess i will make my butter cakes with this butter in future! (i don't make butter cakes very often so its ok! ha!)
I am using a recipe from Wendyinkk blog but i reduced the sugar slightly,added more butter(i used unsalted instead) and halve the recipe.It yields a soft,moist,fluffy cake. =)
Edited:If you are looking for a soft and fluffy butter cake like this but with a even more buttery taste,try this!! I personally felt its almost a draw and i use both recipes as and when i crave for light/heavy tasting butter cake.
- 6" by 6" square tin
You will need:
Egg Yolk Mixture:
2 egg yolks
- 30ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g self raising flour,sifted
Egg White Mixture:
- 25g sugar
- 2 egg whites
Cream butter and sugar(65g) till pale and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks,one at a time,mix well.
- Add vanilla extract,mix well.
- Add milk and flour,alternate,ending with flour.
- Whisk egg whites with sugar(25g) till stiff.
- Fold in (5) into (4) in batches.
- Pour into a lined/greased tin.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 180°C then reduce to 160°C for 25 minutes or till cooked.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before overturning onto a cooling rack.
Original recipe from:Mrs NgSK Butter Cake by Wendy
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~