I am not a berries lover as i dislike sour stuff.But this muffin though it consists of blueberries,i love it! The sweetness of the crumbs is a perfect combination with the blueberries in the muffin.And perhaps the blueberries my mum bought aren't as sour as those i buy.
This recipe shared by Jasmine from my fb group is very well received.And friends and neighbours who tasted them gave thumbs up as well.Definitely a keeper!
- 10 muffins
You will need:
- 190g plain flour
- 125g castor sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (about 70g) vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup (about 70g) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries,wash and pat dry
- 75g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon butter,softened
*rub sugar and flour into the butter till resemble breadcrumbs
- Sift the flour,salt and baking powder.
- Add sugar,combine well and set aside.
- Use 1 tablespoon of (2) and add into the blueberries,combine well.
- Mix egg with oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold (2) into (4).
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle topping.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for about 25-30 minutes at 200°C.
- Cool on a rack.
Original recipe from:Blueberries Crumb Muffins by Jasmine Lee Goh
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~