This is my second attempt on egg tarts.Taste much nicer than the 1st attempt as the crust this time is thinner and less sweet.I will try to make the crust even thinner in future. ;) I had adjusted my previous recipe a little.
- 24 mini tarts
You will need:
125g cold butter
55g icing sugar
225g plain flour
1 egg,whisked slightly
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Rub the butter with the flour till resemble bread crumbs.
Add egg and vanilla essence.
Make into a pliable dough.
Wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Heat milk and melt sugar in it.
Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence.(not till frothy.)
Remove the milk from heat.
Stir eggs into milk and mix well.
Sieve the mixture into a measuring cup.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into equal portion.
- Press the dough into the moulds.(No need to grease.)
- Pour the custard mixture into the moulds.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 200°C till custard puffs up.
- Remove from oven and leave on cooling rack.
- Unmould with care when slightly cooled.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Please check this out.