Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rock Buns





















How many of you are familiar with this? I guess most ladies who studied home economies in SG does,those who aren't,perhaps you missed the lesson.

Rock Buns are like scones yet not so like because they are on the sweet side .It seems hard to find this in confectionary shops anymore except maybe those very traditional ones. I used to harass my mum to buy for me,ate half and kept half for later indulgence.Now my mum is occasionally asking me to make for her.Ha!


This recipe was from my sec sch notes.I actually "lost" the rest of the recipes since i lent the whole file to a friend who went mia,duh! Anyway,so glad that i actually had jotted this down!I had made some admendments here and there to suit my palate.Hope you all will enjoy it as much as i do!

Makes:
  • About 10 pieces depending on the size you desire.

You will need:
  • 100g plain flour
  • 50g butter
  • 50g sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 egg plus milk to make 2 tablespoon(u can use 1 egg or 2 tblspn milk as well,depending in whether u prefer milky or eggy taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • Desired amt of mixed fruits/chocolate chips

The Preparation and The Baking:
  1. Sift flour and baking powder.
  2. Rub butter into flour till resemble bread crumbs.
  3. Add sugar and mixed fruit.
  4. Mix egg,milk and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
  5. Slowly add in wet mixture to the dry mixture till dough form;spoon can stand upright in it.(u need not add anymore wet mixture once your dough is formed)
  6. Shape the dough onto baking sheet.(Tear a few dough and patch them up to make a "rock" look.)
  7. Bake at 170 degrees for abt 15 mins or till top browns.

Original recipe from:my long long ago sch notes.

~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~

No comments:

Post a Comment