This recipe is a keeper for choco lovers! Its soft,moist,chocolatey and yet not too sweet.Must try!
- 12 med size muffins
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 175g castor sugar
- 150g chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 for topping)
- 250ml milk
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
The Preparation and The Baking:
- Sift flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and 3/4 of the choco chips and mix well.
- Pour all the wet ingredients into a separate bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients,stirring slowly at the same time.(Stop once the last traces of flour disappear.)
- Distribute the batter into muffin cases.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes,until cooked.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
- Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here.
Original recipe from:Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins by Small Small Baker.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~