Personally,i quite like this recipe.If only its a little sweeter,i would say i love it! Ha! I am not too sure if its the bananas that is not sweet or there is not enough sugar in this recipe,i will try again soon with a little more sugar,say...10g?
- About 6-7 big muffins
You will need:
- 4 med size bananas,mashed
- 80g melted butter(cooled)
- 80g brown sugar
- 225g plain four
- 1 egg,lightly whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- A big handful of almonds(reserve some for topping)
The Preparation and The Baking:
- Mix butter and bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Fold in almonds.
- Distribute mixture into muffin liners and sprinkle the top with almonds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes,until cooked.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
- Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here.
Original recipe from:Mini Banana Walnut Muffin by Christine.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~