Alan(Goh) from MFWL group introduced us the famous butter cake by MrsNg.Its well known for its traditional taste and soft and fluffy texture.I tried but find it a little too sweet for my palate.So i decided to use my own butter cake recipe,modified a little(used Mrs Ng mixing method and flour used.) Walah! Perfect for my palate. ;)
- 9" by 9" cake tin,roughly around 20 decent slices
You will need:
- 250g self raising flour(sifted)
- 250g butter
- 140g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 80ml milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tar tar
- 60g sugar
- Whisk egg whisks till frothy,add cream of tar tar then sugar bit by bit till stiff peaks formed.
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and light.
- Add eggs,one at a time.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add milk and flour in alternate batches.(flour last batch.)
- Fold in egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture with a hand whisk in 3 batches.(Do not overmix.)
- Pour into greased/lined cake tin.
- Even out the batter using spatula.
Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 20 minutes and lower to 150°C for another 25 minutes or till cooked.
Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
Serve when cooled.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
- Personally i prefer to line my tin with baking paper than grease it as it is easier to remove the cake when done.
- Do not remove immediately from tin as the cake might break.
- Do not slice cake when it is hot.*The cake is very fragile when it is hot.
- Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here.
DeQueenKitchen Butter Cake I
Alan Goh Butter Cake
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~