Thanks to Shirley(Chia) from MFWL group for this wonderful recipe.Love it so much!! I am sticking to it for now!
- 16 pieces fist size buns
You will need:
- 340g bread flour
- 50g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp yeast
- 210g milk
- 40g butter
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixer* and using a dough hook mix till well combined.
- Add milk till dough is formed.
- Add softened butter and knead for 15 minutes or till dough is not sticky and forms a membrane when stretch.
- Place dough in a greased container,cling wrap it and proof for 45 minutes or till it doubles its size.
- Remove and divide them into small doughs(around 25-30g) and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out,fill and shape as desired.
- Place shaped dough onto lined baking tins,cling wrap and proof for 45 minutes.
- Brush the top with milk.
*sugar, salt followed by flour then yeast. Direct contact of yeast with sugar and salt will "kill"/make the yeast less active.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 12-15 minutes at 160°C.
- Remove from baking tin immediately and cool on rack.
- Dough may appear sticky at first but just keep kneading till it becomes less sticky.
- For this recipe,you can add in milk all at once.
- Use as little flour as you can during shaping,else the bread will turn out hard.If you have a nice non stick dough,you won't need any more flour during shaping.
- If you want a shiny glaze,you can use eggs to brush the top instead.
- Transfer bread immediately from baking tins to cooling rack to prevent bread bottom getting moist.
- All timing above is dependent on your mixer and oven model.
Original recipe from:Soh Pin Tee
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~