I love this recipe a lot because it is really simple and required very little ingredients.And most importantly,despite its simple ingredients,it is very yummy!
- Good for a family of 4
You will need:
- 600g pork belly,cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 small pieces of rock sugar
- 6 cloves of garlic,peeled
- 2 star anise
- 3 hard-boiled eggs,shells removed
- 4 pieces tau pok
The Preparation and Cooking:
- Saute pork and pat dry.
- Marinate with light and dark soya sauce.
- When ready to cook,drain(but keep) the sauce.
- Heat oil in claypot at med heat and melt sugar.
- Add garlic and cook till sugar turns caramel.(do not let it burn.)
- Add pork and star arnise and cook till pork is lightly brown.
- Add the sauce from (3) and add water just enough to cover the pork.
- Bring to boil and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Simmer for 1 hour till pork is tender.
- Add eggs in the last 1/2 hour and tau pork in the last 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Original Recipe from:Young Parents Magazine.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~