- 5.5" round cake tin
You will need:
125g optima flour
25ml cold water
2 teaspoon cocoa powder(add more if u prefer a strong choco taste.)
1/2 teaspoon red coloring
(B)Filling & Frosting
Crushed oreo biscuits minus the centre piece(to be added to 1/3 of whipped cream.)
The Preparation & Baking:
- Whisk all ingredients in (A) except oil till thick.
- Add oil and whisk till combined.
- Bake in a lined cake tin for 20-25 minutes at 180°C,cool on rack when done.
- Whip the cream till stiff peaks are formed.
- Add 1/3 of the cream to crush oreo biscuits,mix well.(filling)
- Place cream in a bowl in a ice water bath to prevent cream from melting.
- Slice the cake into 3 pieces (horizontally)
- Spread cream with oreo,repeat with 2nd layer.
- Frost the entire cake with the remaining cream.
- Design as desired.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge till served.
To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
Personally i prefer to line my tin with baking paper than grease it as it is easier to remove the cake when done.
This cake is very prone to breaking as it is very soft,so be careful when removing from tin.
The top of the cake cracks or burns easily,so keep a lookout when baking and adjust temperature and tier accordingly.
You do not need to use a spring form tin,a normal cake tin will do.If you wish to use a spring form tin,cover the tin surrounding with aluminium foil.
Do not slice cake when it is hot.*The cake is very fragile when it is hot.
Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
For more info,click here.