Haven made a swiss roll for over 10 years.Glad that it was a success.:D
- 10" by 8 " swiss roll tin
2 egg yolks
15ml oil(i used canola)
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon cold water
1/4 lemon skin (grated)
32.5g cake flour
2 egg whites
A dash of lemon essence/juice
Some grated lemon skin
- Sift flour.
- Whisk the yolks lightly and add in the wet ingredients in (A) followed by sugar till well mixed.
- Add flour and lemon skin till well mixed.
- Beat egg whites till foamy with electric whisk and add in sugar gradually,beat till stiff peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Pour into lined tin.
- Smoothen the surface and tap the tin lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mould
- Leave on rack for 10 minutes and tear off the baking paper.
- When cake is completely cooled,spread (C) and roll into a swiss roll.
- For more details on assembly,refer to:Rolling Swiss Roll start at:3.55
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
- Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here and here.