Love them and recommend all to try!
- About 18 pieces (small fist size)
- 300g hongkong flour/superfine flour
- 5g instant yeast
- 5g baking powder
- 70g sugar
- 3g shortening (i used butter.)
- 120ml water
- Char siew filling (amount as desired.)
- Mix all ingredients except char siew and knead into a smooth dough.
- Cut dough into even sizes and roll them flat.
- Wrap with filling.
- Place on parchment paper and set aside to rise for 30 minutes.
- Steam over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- 250g char siew,diced
- 1 onion,diced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soya auce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 150 ml water plus 1.5 tablespoon corn flour
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil and fry onions till fragrant.
- Add char siew and other ingredients.
- Cook till thick.
- Off the fire and cool before using.
Original recipe adapted from:Red Bean Bun-Chinese Buns by Lee Kian Seng,Simple Char Siew Bun by Aunty Yochana.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~