I love this recipe so much that i am keeping it for sure.It yields very soft bread and most importantly it is a straight dough method!Thanks to Gina for introducing this recipe!
15 pieces fist size buns
You will need:
25g castor sugar
250g bread flour
4g instant yeast
38g unsalted butter(softened)
- Mix all dry ingredients and stir till well combined.
- Add egg followed by milk till dough is formed.
- Let the mixer knead for another 8 minutes.
Add softened butter and knead for 10 minutes or till dough is not sticky and forms a membrane when stretch.
Place dough in a greased container,cling wrap it and proof for 45 minutes or till it doubles its size.
Remove and divide them into small doughs(around 25-30g) and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out,fill and shape as desired.
- Place shaped dough onto lined baking tins,cling wrap and proof for 45 minutes.
- Brush the top with milk.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 12-15 minutes at 160°C.
- Remove from baking tin immediately and cool on rack.
- Dough may appear sticky at first but just keep kneading till it becomes less sticky.
- For this recipe,you can add in milk all at once.
- Use as little flour as you can during shaping,else the bread will turn out hard.If you have a nice non stick dough,you won't need any more flour during shaping.
- If you want a shiny glaze,you can use eggs to brush the top instead.
- Transfer bread immediately from baking tins to cooling rack to prevent bread bottom getting moist.
- All timing above is dependent on your mixer and oven model.
Original recipe from:鮮奶高鈣土司 by 的網誌
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~