Its blueberries season,ya? Blueberries are selling cheap at supermarkets!Here's a chiffon to go along with the season!
- 17cm tube tin
4 egg yolks
50ml oil(i used canola)
85ml blueberry compote
70g cake flour
4 egg whites
For the Blueberry Compote:
- 125g fresh blueberries
- A splash of water
- 1/2 a lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Cook all in a pot at medium heat till it has a thickened consistency.
- Cool before use.
- Sift flour.
- Whisk the yolks lightly and add in the wet ingredients in (A) followed by flour till well mixed.
- Beat egg whites till foamy with electric whisk and add in sugar gradually,beat till soft peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Pour into ungreased tube tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.(if top starts to get too brown,place a foil over.)
- Remove from oven and invert the tin.
- When cake is completely cooled,unmould from tin,slice and serve.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
- Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here and here.