- 17cm tube tin
You will need:
4 egg yolks
50ml oil(i used canola)
60ml orange juice
1/2 orange skin,grated
70g cake flour
4 egg whites
- Sift flour.
- Whisk the yolks lightly and add in the wet ingredients in (A) followed by flour till well mixed.
- Beat egg whites till foamy with electric whisk and add in sugar gradually,beat till soft peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Pour into ungreased tube tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.(if top starts to get too brown,place a foil over.)
- Remove from oven and invert the tin.
- When cake is completely cooled,unmould from tin,slice and serve.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here and here.
Original recipe from:初学者也ok!戚风蛋糕，青井聪子-Lemon Chiffon Cake。
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~