This is my first fondant cake.What do you think? I am using bc brownie mix,buttercream and marshmallow fondant.My first batch of mmf was so sweet that i redo another batch.This batch is good! Not too sweet and blends well with the cake!
For the buttercream:
- Enough for 6 cake pops plus a 8" cake.
You will need:
- 150g butter(softened)
- 75g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk powder
- Beat butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add essence and milk powder till well combined.
For the fondant:
- about 500g fondant
You will need:
- 200g marshmallows
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Some icing sugar to coat table/board
- If using big marshmallow then cut into half.
- Add water,microwave for 1 min-high.
- Stir till all melted.(add colour as this stage if any.)
- Stir in 250g sugar till difficult to stir.
- Transfer to coated table/board.
- Knead and add in remaining sugar and more sugar as you knead till not sticky.
- Cling wrap and store in airtight container at room temperature.(it will harden a little so that its easier to deco.)
- Crumble some cake.(about 1 cupcake size)
- Add 1 tablespoon of buttercream and mix well.
- Roll the cake into balls.(If mixture is too dry,add more buttercream)
- Use the pop stick to leave an indent in the balls.
- Refrigerate the balls for 1 hour.(With holes facing down)
- Remove and coat the tip of the pop stick with melted chocolate.
- Insert into the hole made earlier.
- Refrigerate upright for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and deco accordingly with fondant.
- Crumb coat the cake and cover the with fondant.(you can crumb coat a day before and leave in fridge,remove from fridge on the day of decorating and let it sit till it comes to room temperature.)
- After covering and decorating,leave the cake at room temperature.Do not refrigerate as the fondant might weep.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~