I am using a recipe (i replaced honey with maple syrup) from the chiffon book that Eunice recommended.The recipes in this book doesn't require any baking agents or cream of tartar which i like.Remember i did a maple syrup chiffon?This one has a stronger maple taste but also has a stronger egg taste.Texture wise this is just as good.The most important difference is this does not use any baking powder or cream of tartar.I would add some vanilla essence in future to cover the egg taste.
- 17cm tube tin
You will need:
4 egg yolks
50ml oil(i used canola)
45g maple syrup
75g cake flour
4 egg whites
- Sift flour.
- Whisk the yolks lightly and add in the wet ingredients in (A) followed by flour till well mixed.
- Beat egg whites till foamy with electric whisk and add in sugar gradually,beat till stiff peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into yolk mixture. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Pour into ungreased tube tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 30 minutes.(i add a foil on top at the cake after 15 minutes of baking.)
- Remove from oven and invert the tin.
- When cake is completely cooled,unmould from tin,slice and serve.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here and here.
Original recipe from:初学者也ok!戚风蛋糕，青井聪子-Honey Chiffon Cake。
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~