Few days after making a failed steamed cake,i managed to muster enough courage to steam another cake.This time a Lipton Tea Cake.Wasn't sure what went wrong for the first but i am glad this one came out perfect.I changed the type of tea used and used margarine instead as i ran out of butter.
- 20cm cake tin
330g sponge mix flour/optima flour
(B)2 sachets of lipton tea bag(or any other tea as desired.)
60g hot water
(C)80g melted margarine/butter
- Grease and line the tin.
- Cut open the sachets and mix with water,set aside to cool.
- Whisk (A) till pale and thick.
- Add 2. till well combined.
- Add (C) till well combined.
- Pour batter into tin.
- Steam for 40 minutes.
- Remove from steamer,unmould from tin and place on cooling rack.
- Served when cooled.
- Wrap the steamer cover with a cloth before steaming to prevent water droplets from falling onto the cake when steaming.
- Do not oversteam.(i tried placing a piece back to the steamer and steam for another 5 minutes,it turned kueh like on top.)
Original recipe from: Earl Grey Tea Cake-Magic Steamed Cakes by Alex Goh
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~