I love Baos!Thanks to Eunice for sharing with us this book-包好吃.I managed to borrow it from the library and then bought one from the Popular Expo fair.I tried the red bean bun recipe last week and my verdict for it:Excellent!
- About 9 pieces (small fist size)
You will need:
- 300g hongkong flour/superfine flour
- 5g instant yeast
- 5g baking powder
- 70g sugar
- 3g shortening (i used butter.)
- 120ml water
- red bean paste (amount as desired.)
The Preparation & Cooking:
- Mix all ingredients except red bean paste and knead into a smooth dough.
- Cut dough into even sizes and roll them flat.
- Wrap with red bean paste.
- Shape as desired.
- Place on parchment paper and set aside to rise for 30 minutes.
- Steam over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Original recipe from:Red Bean Bun-Chinese Buns by Lee Kian Seng
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~