Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Red Bean Chinese Bun (Bao)























I love Baos!Thanks to Eunice for sharing with us this book-包好吃.I managed to borrow it from the library and then bought one from the Popular Expo fair.I tried the red bean bun recipe last week and my verdict for it:Excellent!

Makes:
  • About 9 pieces (small fist size)

You will need:
  • 300g hongkong flour/superfine flour
  • 5g instant yeast
  • 5g baking powder
  • 70g sugar
  • 3g shortening (i used butter.)
  • 120ml water
  • red bean paste (amount as desired.)

The Preparation & Cooking:
  1. Mix all ingredients except red bean paste and knead into a smooth dough.
  2. Cut dough into even sizes and roll them flat.
  3. Wrap with red bean paste.
  4. Shape as desired.
  5. Place on parchment paper and set aside to rise for 30 minutes.
  6. Steam over high heat for 5 minutes.
  7. Serve hot.

Original recipe from:Red Bean Bun-Chinese Buns by Lee Kian Seng

~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear
    Is the bao skin soft and nice? I tried b4 a recipe for Char Siew Bao and the skin nt so yummy... =)

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Priscilla,

      I think the char siew bun and red bean bun skin is diff recipe,according to my recipe book.

      Anyway,this recipe is good.Got many good feedback from my testers ;)

      To make sure they are soft,u gotta knead them till soft and smooth.

      I recommend you to try! ;))

      Let me know your results!

      Delete