1 x 17cm tube tin
You will need:
50g cake flour
35ml pandan juice
1 teaspoon pandan paste (can use 1/2 or omit)
3 medium egg yolks
3 medium egg whites
6g corn flour (can use 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar)
- Mix sugar and corn flour from (B).
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in (A) with 2. with a hand whisk till well mixed.
- Beat egg whites till foamy and add 1. gradually,beat till stiff peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into mixture in step 3. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Pour into ungreased tube tins (1/2 to 3/4).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 20 minutes and 160°C for another 20 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove from oven and invert the tin.
- When cake is completely cooled,unmould from tin,slice and serve.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
The cake tastes better the next day as the fragrance infused the cake overnight.
- For more info,click here and here.
Original recipe from:Pandan Chiffon Cake by Seasaltwithfood.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~