Oh my..now i know why cheesecake are expensive.Its because it needs a lot of work and washing!You can choose to line the tin or grease it or not at all,i lined the tin as i felt its better to be safe than sorry.Ha!You won't want to waste your effort!
Anyway,just line the bottom or grease the whole tin.Do not line the sides if you want smooth edges.I line the whole tin. =(
- 8 inch round cake tin.(i am using spring form pan.)
You will need:
- 150g digestive biscuits(crushed)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 60g melted butter
- 1 tablespoon drinking water
- 180ml whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons gelatine(powder form)
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 250g cream cheese,softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 60g cooking chocolate
Making the cake base:
- Mix all ingredients in (A) and press firmly onto the bottom of the tin.
- Leave in fridge till ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese till smooth and add in sugar and continue to beat till well combined,set aside.
- Mix gelatine with cold water and heat the mixture till gelatine melts.
- Add gelatine solution and milk into cream cheese mixture till well combined,set aside.
- Melt the cooking chocolate over a pot of boiling water,set aside.
- Whisk whipping cream till soft peaks.
- Combine 2/3 of whipped cream and 2/3 cream cheese mixture till well mixed,set aside.
- Add melted chocolate to the remaining mixtures.
- Remove pan from fridge.
- Pour half of the white mixture into the tin and leave in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove tin from freezer,pour half of the chocolate mixture over and leave in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove tin from freezer,pour remaining white mixture over and pipe remaining chocolate mixture in spiral pattern.
- Use a toothpick to create swirls.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours or till set.
- Remove from tin and serve cold.
- You can pour both the mixtures in the order as you wish.For me,i like to have a layer of chocolate filling in the middle.
- Add more gelatine or lessen the amount depending on how firm or soft you like the cake to be.The above recipe yields a soft and melt in the mouth texture.
Original recipe from:100 Desserts by Winnie.(I amended the steps~)
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~