I always use the ready made udon soup base.Today i tried making from scratch as i ran out of the soup base.After tasting it,i told myself,no more ready made next time,i can make better soup base! ;D
I am using uncooked udon as i find them softer and nicer.The ready cooked,just need to boil udon has a strong flour taste which i don't really like.
- 2-3 pax
You will need:
- 2 bundles of udon
- 6 pieces of narutomaki(add more if desired.)
- 4 pieces of inariage(add more if desired.)
- Seaweed(cut into thin strips.)
- 2 sachets of dashi
- 5 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pinch salt
- You can increase or decrease the above according to your personal preference.
The Preparation & The Cooking:
- Boil water.
- Add dashi,soya sauce,mirin,salt and sugar.
- When the water reboils,add in udon.
- Blanch the narutomaki with boiling water.
- When udon is cooked,off the fire,add the inariage and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve udon in a bowl and top with inariage,narutomaki and seaweed.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~