Everytime,okay..almost everytime we dine at Hans,my husband will order this dish.He don't seem to get sick of it.Me,on the other hand has never tried this dish before.So after making the sauce,i asked him to taste and tell me what it tasted like.He guessed it! So i am near to the taste i guess~ ;)
For someone who never tasted a dish before to make the dish is quite difficult.But well,i am lucky to meet Jamie who shared her recipe and also another blogger sharing her recipe.I did not have some of the required ingredients,so i make do with my own feeling. ;)
- 3-4 pax
You will need:
(A) For the chicken
1 packet of chicken fillet/breast meat
1/2 teaspoon light soya sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
A dash of pepper
Breadcrumbs (enough for coating meat)
Rice Flour (enough for coating meat)
(B) For the sauce
2 purple onions,sliced
1 tomato,cut into wedges
A handful of edamame
2 cloves of garlic
6 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons tonkatsu/worchestire sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
A dash of pepper
1/2 cup of water
(C) For thickening the sauce
1/2 bowl water
2 teaspoon corn flour
- Mix well all ingredients in (A) except breadcrumbs and leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix well all liquid ingredients and pepper in (B) and leave aside.
- Mix well all ingredients in (C) and leave aside.
- Coat marinated chicken with rice flour followed by egg then breadcrumbs and fry till golden brown.
- Cut into small pieces and place on plate.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add onions and edamame and fry till onions are slightly softened.
- Add sauce.
- When sauce starts to boil,add (C) slowly till desired texture.
- Add tomato and let sauce boil for another 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the chicken chop.
- Serve hot.
- You can half the sauce amount if you prefer a drier version.
- After coating the meat with breadcrumbs,put in freezer for about 1 hour so that the breadcrumbs will not break easily when frying.
- You can add wedges or other ingredients as desired.
Recipe adapted from:threeslurps and 3hungrytummies.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~