My all time favourite dessert.I am using organic green beans as they taste nicer and bloom nicer too.
I added sago for better texture,you can omit if you don't like sago or find it tedious to prepare.
- 6-8 pax (depends on how many bowls each pax took also.)
You will need:
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 120g rock sugar or to taste
- 30g sago pearls (small)
- 1.5L water
- Water for boiling and rinsing sago
- Boil sago till they appear to be translucent with some parts still white.(about 10 minutes.)
- Off the heat and set aside for 10 minutes.(sago will cook throughly during this time.)
- Rinse sago under running water and soak in water till ready to use.
- Rinse green beans.
- Boil water with green beans.
- When green beans start to bloom,add in rock sugar.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add sago and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold as desired.